- This privacy notice (Privacy Notice) sets out ways in which we,
Christine Green Authors' Agent (we, us, our), collect
and use your personal data (your personal information) in connection with
our business. It also explains what rights you have to access or change
your personal data.
- We do not knowingly collect or maintain the personal information of
children under the age of 13. We will take appropriate steps to delete the
personal information of persons under the age of 13.
- We are a company registered in England under company number 04282632.
- You can contact us as follows:
- FAO: Christine Green Authors' Agent
- Address: PO Box 70098, London SE15 5AU, UK
- Email: email@example.com
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Information that you provide to us
- We will collect any information that you provide to us when you:
- make an enquiry over the phone, by email, in writing, in person or
on our website;
- submit manuscripts or other content to us by post, email or via our
- enter into a contract with us to represent you;
- submit an application to a job vacancy;
- 'follow', 'like', post to or interact with our social media accounts,
including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest,
Instagram and Google+; and
- are considering publishing, adapting, quoting, licensing
or in any way using material written by a client represented by us.
- The information that you provide to us will include (depending on the
- Identity and contact data: title, names, addresses, email
addresses and phone numbers;
- Financial and contract data: if we represent you, you may also
provide us with your bank details, VAT and tax information, immigration
and residency information, your existing contracts (and related
correspondence) with publishers or other licensees of your work; and
- Employment and background data: if you are submitting a
manuscript for review or a job application, you may also provide additional
information about your academic and work history, qualification, skills,
projects and research that you are involved in, references, proof of your
entitlement to work in the UK, your national security number, your passport
or other identity document details, your current level of remuneration
(including benefits), and any other such similar information that you may
- Information we collect about you
- Information contained in correspondence: we will collect any
information contained in any correspondence between us. For example, if
you contact us using a query button on our website or by email, post or
telephone, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Website usage data: we may collect information about your
interactions with the website, including information such as login data,
IP address, page views, searches, requests, orders, pre-approvals,
confirmations, agreements between you and other website users and other
actions on the website.
- Information we receive from third parties
- In certain circumstances we will receive information about you from
third parties. For example:
- Employers, recruitment agencies and referees: if you are a
job applicant we may contact your recruiter, current and former employers
and/or referees, who may be based inside or outside the EU, to provide
information about you and your application;
- Publishers and other licensees of your work: if we represent
you, you will normally authorise us to receive information about you from
your publishers and other licencees such as information about your
contracts, performance, royalties and other payments;
- Third parties who can verify submitted information: if you
submit a manuscript to us for our review, we may use third party providers
to verify the information that you provide to us in connection with that
submission. For example, we will use third-party databases or websites,
such as those of booksellers, retailers or self-publishing platforms to
confirm your publication history;
- We will collect information from our website security service partners
who are based inside the EU about any misuse to the website, for instance,
the introduction of viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, website attacks
or any other material or action that is malicious or harmful.
- We might also receive information about you from third parties if you
have indicated to such a third party that you would like to hear from us.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND RECIPIENTS OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will use your information for the purposes listed below either on the
- performance of your contract with us and the provision of our services
- your consent (where we request it);
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- our legitimate interests or those of a third party (see below).
- We use your information for the following purposes:
- Relationship management: to manage our relationship with you,
- To conduct business with you: to contact you and manage
and facilitate our business relationship with you;
- User and client support: to deal with enquiries or complaints
about the website and share your information with our website developer or
IT support provider as necessary;
- Recruitment: to process any job applications you submit to us,
whether directly or via an agent or recruiter;
- Social media interactions: to interact with users on social media
platforms including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest,
Instagram and Google+;
- Fraud and unlawful activity detection: to protect, investigate and
deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity, including identity
- Compliance with policies, procedures and laws: to enable us to
comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or
protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and share your
information with our technical and legal advisors.
- Where we use your information your information for our legitimate interests,
we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may
have on you. Our legitimate interests don't automatically override yours and
we won't use your information if we believe your interests should override ours
unless we have other grounds to do so (such as your consent or a legal
obligation). If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to
details of 'Your rights', below.
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- In connection with the purposes and on the lawful grounds described above
and in addition to the recipients of your information as described above we shall
share your personal information when relevant with third parties such as:
- Our service providers: third parties we work with to deliver our
business (including, for example, hosting or operating the website and our
databases and site analytics);
- Publishers, licensees, sub-agents, advisors and service companies:
if we represent you, any publishers or other licensees of your work (or
prospective publishers and licencees) as well as sub- or co-agents, advisors
(such as your solicitor or accountant) and editorial service providers, where
- Prospective sellers and buyers of our business: any prospective
seller of buyer of such business or assets, only in the event that we decide
to sell or buy any business assets; and
- Other third parties (including professional advisers): any other
third parties (including legal or other advisors, regulatory authorities,
HMRC, courts, law enforcement agencies and government agencies) where
necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights,
property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted
or required by law.
- We require third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your
information from unauthorised access or processing.
- Our website may contain content and links to other sites that are operated
by third parties that may also operate cookies. We don't control these
third-party sites or cookies and this Privacy Notice does not apply to them.
Please consult the terms and conditions and Privacy Notice of the relevant
third-party site to find out how that site collects and uses your information
- If you do not wish for cookies to b installed on your device you can change
the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information
about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult
the 'Help' section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit
www.aboutcookies.org). Please note
that, if you do set your internet browser to reject cookies you may not be able
to access all the functions of the website.
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
- We operate a policy of 'privacy by design' by looking for opportunities to
minimise the amount of personal information we hold about you. We use appropriate
technological and operational security measures to protect you information
against any unauthorised access or unawful use, such as:
- ensuring the physical security of our offices or other sites;
- ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices;
- maintaining a data protection policy for, and delivering data protection
training to, our employees; and
- limiting access to your personal information to those in our company who
need to use it in the course of their work.
- We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you
with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably
require to retain the information for our lawful business purposes, such as
for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to.
We destroy unpublished manuscripts and related correspondence; however, we may
permanently keep a log recording brief details of these in the event of a legal
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
- Our company is located in the UK.
- We will transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
where necessary for us to perform our contract with you (if we represent you),
such as by way of sharing your personal data with licensees or purchasers of your
work or with sub-agents (as applicable and including prospective parties).
- Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA (other than as
necessary to perform our contract with you) we ensure a similar degree of
protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following transfer
solutions are implemented:
- A list of the countries outside the EEA to which we may transfer your
personal information is available here.
YOUR RIGHTS TO THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
- You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about
- the right to be informed of he ways in which we use your information,
as we seek to to this Privacy Notice;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you;
- in certain circumstances, the right to receive a copy of any information
we hold about you (or request that we transfer this to another service
- the right to request that we correct or rectify any information that we
hold about you which is out of date or incorrect;
- the right to withdraw your consent for our use of your information in
reliance of your consent, which you can do by contacting us using any of the
details at the top of this Privacy Notice;
- the right to object to our using your information on the basis of our
legitimate interests where there is something about your particular situation
which makes you want to object to processing on these grounds;
- in certain circumstances, the right to ask us to limit or stop processing
information about you, or erase information we hold about you; and
- the right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information
Commissioner's Office (ico.org.uk),
as well as with the relevant authority in your country of work or
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for our own
record-keeping and research purposes.
- How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your rights above by contacting us using our contact details
above in this Privacy Notice.
- What we need from you to process your requests
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your
identity and to enable you to access your personal data or to exercise your
other rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not
disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise
any of your other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your
request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may
refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
- The website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and
applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow
third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these
third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website we encourage you to read the privacy notice of
every website you visit.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
- We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post
any changes to our site or notify you of any material changes by email.
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and
current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your
relationship with us.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 25 May 2018.